ULM® (Ultra Low-Maintenance) Ni-Cd batteries
Saft has developed the most advanced Ni-Cd technology for our ultra low-maintenance ULM® batteries for the aviation industry. With reduced maintenance needs and extended life, ULM® batteries deliver the industry’s lowest total cost of ownership (TOC) and meet more than 100 different qualification criteria.
ULM® batteries need to be maintained less than half as frequently as traditional batteries thanks to their plastic bonded electrodes. They are highly reliable and when maintained properly can have a life of up to 10 years thanks to their high-quality proprietary separator systems.
Features & Benefits
- Industry lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Reduced maintenance and operating costs - A330 operators choosing the Airbus approved Saft ULM® batteries have extended their maintenance intervals from 1000 oph to 3000 oph
- Long service life
- Less weight means lower fuel consumption
- Combination of Saft plastic bonded electrodes and superior separator systems reduce overcharge current.
- The decrease in overcharge current results in a longer life even under the most difficult climates.
- Temperature range from -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F).
- Exceptional storage life: Long-term storage of up to 10 years without any intervention ever required
- Zero maintenance cost during storage.
- Easily replaceable spare parts with individual cell replacement
- For new installations or retrofit solution: Form, Fit and Function interchangeable with standard high-performance products. No aircraft modification necessary, which allows for commonality between interchangeable components resulting in cost-effective inventory solutions
Saft has more than 400 off-the-shelf batteries with a large variety of technical specifications. Custom-engineered solutions are developed as required.
Datasheet ULM Ultra low maintenance batteries for aircraft (22123-2-0517)Product brochure Download (English)
To ensure we can respond as efficiently as possible. Please complete this form which will be delivered to our team of experts, who will help you with your enquiry.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saftbatteries.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more