Field Service Engineer
Saft specializes in advanced technology battery solutions for industry, from the design and development to the production, customization, and service provision. For more than 100 years, Saft’s longer-lasting batteries and systems have provided critical safety applications, back-up power and propulsion for our customers. Our innovative, safe, and reliable technology delivers high performance on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Saft is powering industry and smarter cities, while providing critical back-up functionality in remote and harsh environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara Desert.
Saft is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TotalEnergies, a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity.
As a member of ESS team, the field service engineer is responsible for delivering field service technical support to Saft Energy Storage Solutions customers. Such support may be performed remotely through Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics processes and/or directly at the projects sites.
The position will be located in Philippines.
You will have the following responsabilities :
- Provide technical service support on fielded energy storage projects, including integration of Li-ion battery solutions with power conversion power systems on ulitiy scale energy storage installations (Solar PV, Wind, Grid Services, etc.) Scope of equipment shall include: Battery, Inverter, Medium Voltage Power Systems and Plant Management Systems.
- Provide Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics support to Safts ESS installed based. Troubleshoot field issues by performing data analysis and liaising with Saft ESS Engineering, Quality, and Safety teams.
- Execute scheduled (preventive) and unscheduled (corrective) maintenance tasks. Document such tastks on Saft's ESS Field Service Operational reports.
- Participate in and support of Installation & Commissioning activities in coordination with project requirements and as planned for with Saft's ESS I&C, Service, and Project Managers.
- Deliver battery operations and maintenance training to Customers (System operators) and / or Saft's 3rd party sub-contractors of O&M services.
- Define product maintenance tools based on return of experience from field service work scope. Share this information with Saft ESS Product Engineering so the respective programs are establish to develop such tools solutions.
- Apply safety first culture on all processes and execution activities. Collaborate with ESS Quality and Safety Managers in doing so.
- Document field service technical knowledge in revision controlled work instructions, user and maintenance manuals, services processes and procedures, etc.
Academic background: Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 10 years +in field services, power electronics or electrochemistry and software engineeering preferred
Specific Knowledge: Fluent in English, power systems, battery systems and techniques, professional software
Business Understanding: Technical Niche Products, B to B, Electricity / Power Generation / Energy Industry
In order to be successful, the Field Service Engineer must posses technical expertise in power electronics, strong toubleshooting and problem solving skills, and solid customer interface experience. The ideal candidate will have field experience in the integration of battery energy storage systems with grid connected systems managing renewable energy, such as power conversion and power management systems.
If you wish to bring your experience in a fast, emerging & challenging business, this role is for you!
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, please apply using this form.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saftbatteries.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more