ESS Product Manager & Economic Analyst
Saft is specialized in advanced technology battery solutions for industry, from design and development to production. For 100 years, Saft’s longer-lasting batteries and systems have provided critical safety applications, back-up power and propulsion for our customers. Our innovative, safe and reliable technology delivers high performance on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Saft is powering industry and smarter cities, while providing critical back-up functionality in remote and harsh environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara Desert. Saft is a wholly owned subsidiary of Total, a leading international oil and gas company and a major player in low-carbon energies.
As a first role, The ESS Product manager & Economic Analyst will develop and execute a multi-generation innovative product strategy, product plans, and new product introduction, The second key Role is business development driving the economic analysis and plans for Partnership with key suppliers (such module and cells partners) and building expansion plans notably on industrialization / localization to conqueer new markets or expand scope.
He/She will establish the Vision and be responsible for creating strong working relationships with and influencing across executive leadership, engineering, operations, finance & functional groups.
He/She will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive the product portfolio to meet the needs of the market. Responsible for strategy and execution of the product roadmaps and New Product Introduction
- Develop the product business plan (PER/CER) to ensure an acceptable ROI for ESS organization. Be responsible for product performance with targets on revenue, cost & margin, possessing financial acumen and accountability to obtain leadership support for investments
- Is acountable with R&D for the product development governance process and track the product team day to day assignments owning Product definition/ co owning technical specifications/product acceptance/refinement, testing and validation and owning of functional or technical product design up to launch phase
- Drive transversal groups and propose innovation plans within ESS, special focus to be placed on new delivery and business models for the future. ( augmentation, ESS as service, Felxible contracts etc. )
- Make cross-functional trade-offs and plans for Pricing / Costing startegies optimizing as well product line growth and profitability
- Manage maintenance decisions regarding preventive and correcive register for products and technical bricks for life cycle management
- Coo-Lead development of product cross functionally hand in hand with the Program Manager acting within the ESS segment
- Lead, Identify, evaluate and develop the relationship to conclude in partnership contracts for supply of cell/modules for ESS batteries. The goals is to increace volume capacity with a competitive offer for the ESS products of the future
- Evaluate development and investment projects for growth, driving economic and financial assessments to support the decision process. Support on negotiations and related agreements preparation until conclusion of the related cases. ( Alliances, Partnerships, JV, M&A )
- Lead the strategy and deployment of Localization actions notably in USA/Europe for increasing our penetration in the market. This business development activity start with the Economic study of options, business case build up , identification of partners and launch of operatonal actions, this in close relationship with operations teams.
- Lead the Digital innovations in the BESS product offer for improving our Services and access to new markets such as the Flexible Contracts and business models.
- Ensure customer focus by communicating and building rapport with customers as required and ensuring the "voice of the customer" is reflected in work processes, Lead customer and stakeholder interviews to align product design with needs
- Lead with the support of Marketing, competitor‘s products and services strengths/weaknesses analysis benchmarck (competition analysis) to ensure products and proposals are competitive
- Ensure proper IP Management within the product portfolio
- Propose and feed product launching commercialization strategies including Marcom (Product documentation, datasheets) , trainings, events, campaigns
- Transversal influence with a multi-functional organization, including marketing, sales, operations, r&d, engineering, finance and services teams, while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements
Education & skills:
- MBA/ master’s degree in engineering with ideally successfull track record in customers interactions Product management and Economic Analysis*
- Strong Product/ Technical and/or Commercial background within PowerGen/Energy Storage/T&D Business
- 5-10 years experience minimum / Consulting and/or Business Strategy experience
- Proven analytical skill set and strategic mindset
- Innovative mindset to anticipate and differentiate
- Proven Economics and Financial expertise for building from scratch Business Cases modelizations
- Solid knowledge in processes and program management skills
- Experience leading in matrix organization
- Good communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Language: Advanced level in English and French
- Travel: 10% of the time international, 20% of the time national
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, please apply using this form.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saftbatteries.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more