Application Engineer South Europe H/F
Saft is specialized in advanced technology battery solutions for industry, from design and development to production. For 100 years, Saft’s longer-lasting batteries and systems have provided critical safety applications, back-up power and propulsion for our customers. Our innovative, safe and reliable technology delivers high performance on land, at sea, in the air and in space. Saft is powering industry and smarter cities, while providing critical back-up functionality in remote and harsh environments from the Arctic Circle to the Sahara Desert. Saft is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Total, a leading international oil and gas company and a major player in low-carbon energies.
Saft Energy Storage System division is hiring his/her Application Engineer to support the South Europe region and projects.
The position carries a high level of technical expertise related to Saft energy storage products and to their integration into grid-connected and microgrid systems. Analyzes and understands customer technical specifications associated to business opportunities. Defines and prepares the technical sizing and requirements of Saft energy storage solutions to customer specifications, and leads the commercial bid. This position addresses projects in South Europe, based in Madrid.
The position provides technical support to the marketing team, Saft sales force, the bid management and the product development teams. The position ensures Saft technical knowledge is current and relevant to ESS applications. Documents this knowledge in Saft databases and tools.
- Provide technical support to sales force on energy storage projects, including integration of Li-ion solutions with power electronics and renewable generation assets. Understand and formalize customer needs and specifications. Ensure adequacy of Saft solutions to customer requirements. Formulate Saft position on subjects like cycling, lifetime, availability, etc...
- Develop application knowledge, keeping up with changing market environment.
- Formalize & transmit technical knowledge to sales force and customers. Continuous update of knowledge and documentation of this expertise, standards, translation into technical sales tools.
- Support sales team in technical discussions with customers and bid teams in proposal preparation.
- Lead BESS bid process prepares costing and the commercial proposal.
- Engineering degree
- 5 years + in system and electrical engineering (preferred), application engineering, or electrochemistry.
- Grid market knowledge, a plus. B to B business in an international and industrial environment.
- Knowledge in power systems, battery applications and techniques, computer literate with mastery of common software
- Fluent in English
- Coaching and communication skills, well-organized, high level of autonomy, knowledge of the region, ability to exchange and convince customer from a technical standpoint.
- Traveling may be required for internal meetings, meetings with customer or exhibitions...
Are you interested?
Please send your application to the following email address:
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and enthusiasm to join our team, please apply using this form.
In accordance with the provisions of the personal data protection regulation, Saft Groupe SAS as data controller will process your data for the purposes of providing the services and for its legitimate interest. Any mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access, correct, delete and object to the use of your personal data. You may ask for your personal data to be sent to you and you have the right to give instructions for the use of your personal data after your death. You can also ask for restriction of the data, portability of the data and/or make a claim to the CNIL (the French data protection agency). For any request please send it to GDPR@saftbatteries.com or to the following address:
Saft Groupe SAS
26, quai Charles Pasqua
92300 Levallois-Perret – France
Find out more